Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay
Materials Management is related to planning, procuring, storing and providing the appropriate materials of right quality, right quantity at right place in right time so as to co-ordinate and schedule the production activity in an integrative way for an industrial undertaking.
Most industries buy materials, transport them in to the plants, change the materials into parts, assemble parts in to finished products, sell and transport the finished products to the customers. In some industries, companies invest 60-70% of revenue in materials, or even more than that. All these activities, including purchasing materials, flow of materials, manufacturing them in to the products, supplying and selling the products at the market require various types of materials to manage and control their storage, flow and supply at various places. It is only possible by efficient materials management.
This course is designed for professionals and management personnel who have responsibilities for materials, spare parts and supplies needed to support productions and operations. Buyers, procurement or supply chain specialists, stock analysts, and logistics, warehouse, distribution or operations supervisors will benefit from this course by learning the techniques and principles for providing better service to their operations, reducing stock outs and surplus materials and maximizing the return on investment for inventory.
Topics covered include:
• Definition of Supply Chain
• Key Elements in Supply Chain Model
• Business Improvement Methodologies
• What Are the Key Elements of Lean
• Benefits of Lean Production
• Inventory Management Models
• Inventory Maintenance
• Critical Spares
• Inventory Classification
• Forecasting and Forecasting Techniques
• Max-min ordering Considerations
• Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
• Bills of Materials (BOM)
• Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
• Materials Procurement and Contracting Framework
• Total Quality Management
• Warehouse Management and Physical Inventory
• Considerations for Lean Implementation
For full agenda, please email us your detail contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate subject title “Effective Materials Management Master Class”.
Event organizer: Neoedge Pte. Ltd.