Gartner Master Data Management Summit
Hyatt Regency Century Plaza
Los Angeles, CA, Unites States
Gartner Master Data Management (MDM) Summit 2009 highlights key trends and identifies best practices, technologies, software tools and leading solution providers that will guide you through successful implementation of new MDM initiatives to help be proactive in managing and reducing costs, reusing information assets, and build a solid innovative platform ready for growth.
To be successful, organizations must understand the role of information governance and the impact MDM has on their applications portfolio and information infrastructure. Unlike past development efforts, MDM poses unique challenges and requires new relationships between business and IT in areas such as workflow, governance, stewardship and data integration.
Organizations use MDM to accelerate enterprise agility, promote operational efficiency, achieve competitive differentiation, support enterprise transparency, make SOA work more effectively, and ensure corporate compliance. Knowing where to start — understanding the business case — planning the effort — and selecting the right tools and platform – will help you avoid common pitfalls.
The third Gartner Master Data Management Summit will build on the 2009 program with an agenda alignment that will better support the level of user MDM experience including 1) helping beginners understand “How To” get started, 2) supporting ongoing MDM initiatives with new directions (when to add the second data domain; or second use case) and best practices and 3) further explore and go deeper into the technology foundation to optimize MDM.
Our second annual Gartner MDM Excellence Award – a competition to showcase success and best practice in MDM programs will again be taking place. Submissions from a variety of companies will be reviewed by Gartner analyst and three finalists chosen to go head to head and present their cases to conference delegates who ultimately selected a winner.
This conference is unique in its breadth and depth of business and IT related MDM coverage and is the only event where you get the advice of experienced, independent and objective Gartner research analysts.
Whatever your Master Data Management (MDM) experience this conference can provide you the tools to ensure you continue to progress toward your goals. While others may be sitting idle waiting for the economy to correct itself, there is no better time to achieving a single view across the enterprise and optimizing your market position.
Three tracks will cover the most relevant MDM topics from both the business and IT angle: from how to get started to the most advanced MDM practices. You will also gain insight into the latest technologies and methodologies, while also getting to grips with real-world management challenges like adding skills, improving communications, driving change and creating a culture of continuous improvement.
Wherever you are on the learning curve, this Summit will have sessions and keynotes customized for your level of MDM experience – including beginner, intermediate and advanced tracks, empowering you with the specific information you need to survive and thrive.
Building on the great success of 2008, we will assemble the very best speakers, including the top Gartner Analysts from the US and Europe, to share their knowledge in keynotes, case studies and Gartner sessions. With hundreds of senior business and IT professionals from across the globe, this Summit cannot be missed!
A – MDM Strategies and Best Practices
Successful MDM programs are business driven and cover all the necessary bases. And they build on industry best practice. This track will provide a framework and drill down content that you can use to achieve success in your MDM program.
B – MDM in Practice – Different Use Cases and Data Domains
Winning MDM strategies require a long term vision, but have to reconcile to current and near term real world situations. This track will highlight and explore the critical implementation design, use cases and domain related choices and decisions users are making today, to meet short term cost optimization goals, and build an MDM platform for the future.
C – MDM Architecture & Technology
A range of technologies enable MDM to work, both efficiently and effectively. Organizations may already have investment in many of the required components, and must consider how to best align, deploy and augment them to support MDM goals. This track will explore the relationship between MDM and the technology stack, the evolution of MDM-related technologies, and best practices in designing and implementing an architecture for MDM.
Benefits of Attending
Attending the Gartner Master Data Management Summit 2009 will give you insight on the hot topics business and IT executives care about most:
- Linking MDM to your highest priority business issues and drivers
- Building a winning business case and set of metrics for MDM
- Creating a holistic, business driven program for MDM
- Advise on selecting MDM technology
- Strategies for implementing MDM
- Best Practices for making MDM work inside your business
- Leveraging MDM within your information infrastructure
- Linking MDM to your SOA strategy
- Drill down knowledge of customer data integration (CDI) and product information management (PIM)
- Leveraging MDM in the BI and performance management world
- MDM case studies from peer organizations in many industries
- Authoritative, independent, objective advice from Gartner analysts
Who Should Attend
- IT Senior Executives (CIO, VP)
- IT Managers involved in Master Data Management
- MDM, CDI and PIM Project/Program Managers
- Business Executives seeking a single view of the customer, product, supplier and location
- Business Application Managers – CRM, SCM, ERP, PLM and Procurement
- Data Managers and Architects
- ERP, CRM and SCM Architects
- Data and Data Model Architects
- Enterprise and Solution Architects
- Application Development and Integration Managers
- Business Intelligence and Information Management Leaders
- Business Analysts, Systems Analysts