Smart Grid Cyber Security
“Utility cyber security is in a state of near chaos” Pike Research Q4,2011
Protecting critical national infrastructure from cyber attacks is top of the list of priorities for governments and utilities. Disablement of infrastructure and leakage of data are prime security concerns. However, according to industry analysts the challenges of protecting utility networks are vast and currently Europe’s utilities are not secure enough.
Securing aging legacy infrastructure that was not designed with today’s cyber security threats in mind is a huge challenge. Increased connectivity between traditionally standalone systems, added functionalities and add-on security solutions all introduce new risks. Additionally, the rapid roll out of smart grids creates a host of new risks and exposes new network vulnerabilities that utilities aren’t prepared for and may not even know exist.
With so few security standards established, utilities are faced with radically overhauling their technical, organizational and cultural processes without benchmarks or guidelines to follow. Selecting the right combination of security measures to implement is a daunting task.
Smart grid Cyber Security will bring together utilities, standardization bodies, cyber security technologists and regulators to discuss best practice guidance in network assurance, risk management and cyber security implementation.
Attend the event to:
• Identify technical and organizational vulnerabilities across your network, systems & supply chain
• Compare different network architectures for securing industrial control systems
• Meet the security challenges for automated metering infrastructure and communications
• Evaluate the performance of innovative monitoring, analysis and intruder detection smart grid security technologies
• Develop a robust privacy & security framework to manage and protect consumer data
• Learn how to avoid being the victim of another Stuxnet like attack
Who Should Attend
This is a must attend event for all CIO, COO and CSO as well as managers, directors and heads of departments of:
Network Security, Information Protection, Information Security, Cyber Security, Information Risk, IS Security consultant, Engineering, IT Infrastucture, Smartgrid Project Management, SCADA, Operations, Automation & Process Control Engineering, system design, system maintenance, network engineering, Privacy & Security
From Utilities, infrastructure & software manufacturers, system integrators, security consultancies and regulatory bodies.
Attendance cost: £1399
Event organizer: Haymarket
Register for the Smart Grid Cyber Security
- smart grid cyber security
- smart grid cyber security conference
- system integration utility holland
- cyber security conference netherlands 2013
- smart grid cyber secuity haymarket
- smart grid cyber security conferences 2012
- smart grid security conference asia 2012
- system integrators; cybersecurity
Link to Smart Grid Cyber Security: http://itevent.net/smart-grid-cyber-security/
Where: Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands